It can be a bit overwhelming with all the skin care rituals out there, some of which are not even needed. To make life easier, here are 10 daily skin care essentials from Discovery fit & Health to know about!
1. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! It comes as no surprise how important moisturizing is, especially during the winter months! To keep skin looking healthy and hydrated, remember to moisturize.
2. Cleansing may seem like a no brainer when it comes to skin care, but it cannot be emphasized enough. In order to maintain a healthy glow, cleansing is vital. Remember to look for a gentle, soap-free cleanser!
3. Exfoliants are also important for maintaining healthy skin. Exfoliants are great for removing dead skin cells from your face! You can find great natural AHAs in our Alpha-Hydrox product line!
4. Eliminate those pesky Bad Habits! We all have one or two bad habits and they can get in the way of improving your skin care. Smoking for example, can lead to premature aging of the skin as well as adding extra wrinkles around the eyes. Don’t let bad habits stand in the way of affecting your skin care.
5. Dab on that sunscreen, rain or shine! It is no secret that the sun is harmful to your skin. That is why it is so important to include sunscreen in your daily regimen.
7. Get some Zzz! Getting enough sleep is an important ritual to maintain. Sleep is skins time to rejuvenate and especially relax.
8. Maintaining a nutritious diet is not only important for your body and physic, but your skin as well. Balancing antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients will help in keeping your skin young and healthy.
9. Along with diet comes exercise. Besides being important for good health, exercise aids in removing toxins from the body, fights acne, and boosts collagen. So take a brisk walk and your skin will thank you!
10. Relax! Remembering to take time to rest and relax is essential to healthy skin care. Ultimately, acne will result from high levels of stress, as well as decreasing skins ability to regenerate itself.